I’ve been a writer for most of my life but it wasn’t until I studied journalism in college that I understood the power of stories and how to write them better. Then, in grad school I learned how to do research and sharpened my analytical skills by studying geology — a pursuit that taught me new ways of seeing the world gave me a killer eye for detail.
What this means for you is that I know how to translate complex information for different audiences in engaging and effective ways. That, and you can be confident in the quality of my writing.
As for the kind of person I am and the values I bring to my business, you can be assured that I’m a professional — I’m reliable, and I take pride in everything I do. I have a lot of integrity and value it highly in others. I know how to listen and how to communicate well, and I have a good sense of humor. I’m pretty friendly, too. So, we’ll probably get along quite well.
Besides writing, other things I care about and enjoy include:
- Sustainable living
- Organic gardening and food preservation
- Camping and hiking in the mountains or anywhere else that’s beautiful
- Fly fishing (although I’m not very good at it)
- Yoga and bicycling (I detest working out at the gym but do it anyway)
- Fighting hunger in my community
- Animal welfare
- Personal financial management
- Environmental conservation and protection
- Repurposing old stuff, turning it into cool and useful new stuff
- Personal productivity and getting things done (the GTD way)
- Independent music
- Critters of the canine kind (I have five)
- Textile arts and beadwork
- Digital photography
- WordPress and blogging
You can reach me using the contact form here or call me directly at 317-759-3820. I look forward to hearing from you!